The gathered up and confirmed faces for Street Fighter 6 that have been revealed so far, which include series stalwart Ryu, drunken boxing master Jamie, and the ever-popular Chun-Li.
- First appearance: Street Fighter
- Voice actor: Kyle Hebert
Ryu hasn’t changed too much over the years, but in Street Fighter 6 he has taken on more of a sage-like role and has begun to resemble his martial arts master Gouken with how he dresses. Still searching for a good fight, Ryu overcome the Satsui no Hado–also known as the Dark Hado–and continues to pursue improvement.
His special moves include Hashogeki, which allows him to concentrate ki in his palms and unleash it a short distance forward, and Denjin Charge, in which he envelops his fists with the Power of Nothingness and enhances his special moves.
- Denjin Charge: Ryu coats his hands in the Power of Nothingness, enhancing multiple attacks like the Hadoken and Hashogeki.
- Hashogeki: Ryu gathers and fires a small blast of ki.
- First appearance: Street Fighter 2
- Voice actor: Jennie Kwan
One of the most iconic characters in the franchise, Chun-li is a former Interpol agent. She was first drawn in seeking revenge for the death of her father, who was killed by M. Bison. As of Street Fighter 6, she’s retired from fighting crime and now teaches Kung Fu classes and watches over Li Fen, a victim of the Black Moon Incident from Street Fighter V. Her special moves include Tensho Kicks, an airborne flurry of kicks that can counter jump attacks, and Serenity Stream, in which she switches to a low stationary fighting stance that has unique attacks.
- Serenity Stream: Chun-Li positions herself close to the ground, changing up her normal attacks.
- Tensho Kicks: Chun-Li rises in the air with a flurry of kicks.
- First appearance: Street Fighter 5
- Voice actor: Aleks Le
A mixed martial arts instructor for a private military company, Luke first appeared in Street Fighter V and was described as the final DLC character. In Street Fighter 6, Luke can use a DDT special throw attack to inflict extra damage, and Fatal Shot fires an additional shockwave after an Overdrive Sand Blast attack to deliver more damage after trading projectiles.
- DDT: A throw move activated after the first hit of an Overdrive Flash Knuckle.
- Fatal Shot: A move that fires an additional shockwave after an Overdrive Sand Blast.
- First appearance: Street Fighter 6
- Voice actor: Stephen Fu
A Chinatown peacekeeper who looks up to Yun and Yang, the Twin Dragons, Jaime uses a mix of drunken boxing and breakdancing to maintain law and order. The Devil Inside lets Jaime consume a ki-unleashing drink to raise his Drink Level and unlock extra moves such as Luminous Dive Kick, a forward-jumping quick attack that can close the gap between him and an opponent.
- Bakkai: Jamie slides along the ground upside-down, performing a series of kicks. Available at Drink Level 2+.
- Luminous Dive Kick: Jamie extends his leg after a forward jump and hits the ground. Available at Drink Level 1+.
- The Devil Inside: Jamie takes a drink from his special flash, raising his Drink Level and altering his appearance.
- First appearance: Street Fighter 2
- Voice actor: Ray Chase
A major in the U.S. Air Force, Guile’s goal for a long time was to defeat the criminal organization Shadaloo and avenge his friend Charlie Nash. With that accomplished, it’s unclear just what awaits him.
Described as a powerhouse who keep opponents at a distance, Guile can use Sonic Blade as a two-hit projectile if combined with Sonic Boom and Somersault Kick as an instant upwards move to counter jump attacks. For Super Attacks, he has Sonic Hurricane for anti-air options, Solid Puncher that unleashes a flurry of small Sonic Boom projectiles, and Crossfire Somersault that fires a massive aerial slash at an opponent.
- Crossfire Somersault: Guile uses a huge aerial slash before unleashing a Somersault Kick.
- Somersault Kick: Guile flips back and kicks upward.
- Solid Puncher: Guile’s arms are coated in aerial strikes, allowing him to send forward a burst of Sonic Boom projectiles.
- Sonic Blade: Guile performs an aerial slash in front of him. Can be combined with Sonic Boom.
- Sonic Boom: A projectile move that’s sent across the stage.
- Sonic Hurricane: Guile sends a massive aerial slash forwards. If combined with a heavy punch, it’s sent diagonally.
- Dee Jay
And that lists down the entire Street Fighter 6 cast of characters so far. At current count, there are seven confirmed and fifteen leaked characters, bringing the total to 22 characters in total for Street Fighter 6. This number should be reasonable enough, provided that Capcom rebuilt Street Fighter 6 as the game transitioned to the RE Engine for the first time. The game’s story will take place after the events of Street Fighter III and will be set in Metro City, so we might still get some new characters given this setting and time period. We’ll just probably have to wait for further confirmation and reveals from Capcom.
Street Fighter 6 is coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC, and Xbox Series X sometime in 2023. It will feature veteran street fighters Ryu and Chun-Li, as well as relative newcomers Luke and Jamie — and if a devastating leak is accurate, another 18 fighters from Street Fighter games past and present including some brand-new fighters as well. SF6 will also feature a silly, but admittedly rad new feature called Game Face, a feature that will spice up versus screens.
If looking to pre-order when it does come availble from amazon then please support the website and purchase here: Street Fighter 6.
More to come
There’s no doubt that more characters are on the way, and ill do my best to keep this list updated as time goes on. Based on what we’ve seen so far, Street Fighter 6 has everything it’ll take to be one of the best games for fighting veterans and newcomers alike.